Written by Winnie Tuwei
Online businesses have rapidly grown over recent years thanks to technological advancement.
From young people seeking to make a living through online platforms; freelancing or affiliate marketing, to normal businesses transacting over the web, this trend is fast spreading like bushfire.
This has given rise to different methods that can be easily used to transact funds for goods and services.
PayPal transaction is one of these methods and believe it or not it is one of the leading forms of payment over the internet.
With the incorporation of Safaricom mobile money transfer M-pesa services, it has become even easier for an individual to access funds directly to their phones or an organization to pay their employees within a short period of time and with minimum transaction fee.
How does PayPal to M-pesa transaction really work?
- For starters, you will need a genuine email account which will be used to register and access funds to your PayPal account.
- To register for PayPal, visit www.paypal.com and signup with your email account and create a password, in there you can fill in other information if required and PayPal will ask you verify your email then you can link your PayPal account with your Safaricom line registered with M-pesa services after verification.
- Thereafter PayPal will prompt you via a text with a code to confirm that it is indeed the right mobile number and just like that you are ready to transact.
In the case where an individual or an organization would like to withdraw from their PayPal account;
- Visit https://www.paypal-mobilemoney.com/m-pesa and click on ‘Get started’ button.
- A pop up will prompt you to login into PayPal account.
- If it happens that you didn’t link your PayPal account with your register Safaricom M-pesa phone number, you can link it.
- Go to the ‘withdraw’ tab and click on it, this will display a window where you will have to put the amount you wish to withdraw and Conversion of the currency in your PayPal account to the desired currency of KSH is done next on site.
- Shortly after, you will receive a confirmation code to your M-pesa phone, then all you have to do is wait 2 hours and your funds will be deposited to your M-pesa phone.
How about if you wish to deposit to PayPal then?
- Well to deposit to PayPal via M-pesa, you first go to the PayPal mobile money site stated above and check to see the conversion rate between the currency used in PayPal, US dollars ($) is mostly used.
- Once you are certain with the amount to deposit in KSH, then you proceed to deposit using the Safaricom Business number /Pay bill 800088 Account number is your M-pesa phone number linked with your PayPal account, and the currency will automatically be sent to your account.
There you go, as simple as that and you have successfully transferred money between PayPal and M-pesa.