Eric Kinoti’s rise from rags to riches is a story that most of us only get to read from books. From selling eggs during the day and working night shifts at a Hotel, Kinoti has overcome the odds, thwarted every obstacle to become a true force to reckon with in business.
Quick Facts about Eric Kinoti
- He is an Entrepreneur and Mentor
- Founder and director of 4 companies; Shade Systems (EA) Ltd, SafiSana Home Services, Alma Tents and Bag Base Kenya Ltd.
- His flagship company; Shade Systems (EA) Ltd makes $1 million annual sales.
- He has made two appearances on Kenya’s Top 40 under 40.
- Also appeared two times on Forbes Top 30 under 30 in Africa.
- He is a patron of Kenya’s National Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
- He is Kenya’s Most Influential SME Personality 2014.
Amid all his premier accolades, awards and achievements, Kinoti has always maintained that his biggest goal is to help all budding entrepreneurs to succeed by sharing his experience, offering mentorship and guiding aspiring entrepreneurs.
My biggest goal is to help as many entrepreneurs as possible to succeed. From the challenges I faced, I recognized the importance of mentorship and how important it is to inspire and guide young people venturing into business. – Erick Kinoti
It is for this reason that Eric Kinoti is making his way to Eldoret on Friday, August 5th courtesy of Startup Grind, Eldoret – a global startup community powered by Google for Entrepreneurs which is designed to educate, inspire, and connect entrepreneurs.
3 Events 3 Chances To Get Inspired, Educated and Interact With Eric Kinoti
1. Coffee and Connect
Time: 10 AM – 11:30 AM Venue: 64 Resort & Sporting Club Charges: Ksh 1000
Some coffee + Some Thinking = Some Great Ideas
Free up your Friday, August 5th morning and make your way down to 64 Resort for a coffee date with the main man.
The Coffee and Connect session are only exclusive for a limited number of people so book your space now.
Time: 2 PM – 4 PM Venue: Mount Kenya University Charges: Ksh 500 or Ksh 800 for two
My youthful age has been a challenge on many occasions. Years back, no one believed in a young person. All the big businesses were awarded by old folks who never trusted in young people… – Kinoti
How did Eric overcome this challenge to set up his multimillion company at only age 24? Book your seat for the YoungPrenuer event and get it straight from the man himself.
3. Business Barbeque
Time: 5:30 PM – 9 PM Venue: Sirikwa Hotel Charges: Ksh 2000 or Ksh 1500 Advance
Can’t find time during the day? No worries, you can have your chance to meet up with Eric Kinoti for the business barbeque at Sirikwa Hotel.
You can’t work for your success on an empty stomach! Business Barbeque gives you an opportunity to get up close with Eric, get inspired by his story, learn from his experience, ask questions as well as share some tasty and tantalizing Nyama Choma.
Whether you’ve just launched your first start up or already have a successful business and are looking to scale, no matter what stage you are in your entrepreneurial journey, you can always use advice from the people who have been there and done all of that.
So, which event will you be attending?
Latest posts by Karemi Michael (see all)
- End Rape Culture: Brave Rape Victims Share Their Horrific Ordeal - 1st June 2018
- Valmy Brooke: The Karaoke Queen Blowing Up Eldoret Music Industry - 25th April 2018
- JOB ALERT: The Noble Hotel & Conference Facility Is Hiring - 21st April 2018