Affordable, Convenient, & Fast.
Posted by Chandarana Foodplus on Monday, 15 January 2018
Chandarana Foodplus Eldoret branch is now open at Rupa’s Mall. The new department becomes the retailer’s third store outside Nairobi after Nanyuki and Diani.
Foodplus enters the fray amidst stiff competition from home-grown retailers like Tuskys, Naivas, Nakumatt, Khetias, and Uchumi. Regardless, the supermarket offers shoppers a unique way of shopping for groceries by providing assorted varieties of foodstuffs from all over the world under one roof.
Chandarana Foodplus stores feature fresh meat butcheries, bakeries, straight from the shamba vegetables, hot delis, walk-in chillers packed with cold beers and connoisseur selected wines chilled to perfection as well as your everyday household supplies.
For those that are new to the brand, here is the quick need to know:
- Chandarana is one of the oldest supermarket chains in Kenya. It was first established in 1964 by the late entrepreneur Shantilal Mulji Thakkar. Over the years, the retailer has expanded to over a dozen stores across Kenya.
- The Director of Operations, Hanif Rajan is an Eldoret native with business experience as a farmer and retailer who previously worked at Walmart Canada, the government of Seychelles and retailing in Tanzania.
- Unlike other supermarkets in the region, Chandarana Foodplus primarily focuses on food items from fresh vegetables, juices, sandwiches to exotic elements like grab and sushi.
- The supermarket provides two shopping options to its client. You can order fresh food, pastries, drinks or frozen food online or you can shop instore at its location in Rupa’s Mall.
- Foodplus provides delivery services. Free delivery services are valid for orders above Ksh. 5000/- while orders below this amount, attracts Ksh 250/- for delivery.
- Chandarana does not have any warehouses. Instead, they deal directly with suppliers. This is great news for farmers looking to cut through the red tape to get products sold at the supermarket chain.
This is a time of many firsts in Eldoret, the opening of a Foodplus store in the city of champions is welcoming news for foodies, nutritarians, folks with expensive palates and trend followers alike. Chandarana Foodplus Eldoret is something new to try out. Don’t let that F.O.M.O get you!
Latest posts by Karemi Michael (see all)
- 10 Exciting Activities For Your Child This Holiday Season - 16th November 2018
- Top 5 Rising Djs Of The Year 2018 - 8th September 2018
- Meet The New Faces Of Eldoret - 7th August 2018